Health & Wellness Coaching Minor
The Health and Wellness Coaching minor is a 7 course program that provides students with a foundation in coaching knowledge and skills. Students who aspire to work with people one-on-one to help them reach their health and wellness goals may be particularly interested in this minor. Completion of the minor will prepare students for health and wellness coaching certifications and advanced study.
Learning Outcomes for the Health & Wellness Minor
Students with a minor in Health & Wellness Coaching are able to:
- Coach individuals for recovery from the effects of unhealthy behaviors, prevention and management of chronic health conditions, and maximization of health and wellbeing.
- Create partnerships with clients that promote identification and pursuit of self-determined goals.
- Provide structure and accountability for successful behavior change.
- Utilize theories of behavior change and motivation.
- Demonstrate collaborative communication skills inherent to health and wellness coaching.
Experience in the minor provide students with the skills to function in an interdependent and diverse worlds, to practice in a wide variety of health, fitness, and allied health settings, and for post graduate success.
Required courses for Health & Wellness Minor
The student must complete 21 credit hours in the following required courses.